The male factor is at the source of 50% of sterility problems in the couple. This number shows how important the male analysis carried out in our Andrology Unit is important.
The male andrology is based on a sperm analysis. The sample is obtained through masturbation after a sexual abstinence period of 3-4 days. In the andrology laboratory at our fertility clinic, we analyze the sample and then qualify the ejaculated liquid as normal or define the encountered anomalies. The sperm recovery test (Test REM-TM) consists of counting the total normal mobile spermatozoon. The result provides accurate information about the assisted reproduction treatment to implement.
Complementary studies (prescribed by the Andrology Unit):
- Testicular Doppler Ultrasound.
- Hormone Analysis: FSH – LH – PRL – Testosterone.
- Karyotope on peripheral blood.
- Culture and biochemistry of seminal plasma.
- Testicular biopsy (study of Meiosis).
- Serology: hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV and syphilis.
- Blood group and Rh factor.
- FISH of sperms.
- Fragmentación de ADN en espermatozoides.
- Sperm magnification test: our assisted reproduction center has an Advanced Micromanipulation Station enabling us to view the sperms by expansion up to 16000 x. By using this technique, we can analyze possible alterations at the level of sperm organelles and select, during the treatment, the sperms that will form the best quality embryos (IMSI) and increase the possibility of a successful pregnancy.
- Microdeletion study of chromosome Y.
- Study of mutation of CFTR genes by Mucoviscidosis.