Our human reproduction center has a sperm bank where we can cryopreserve the samples that we will use.
The purpose of the sperm bank is to keep the sperm in test-tubes submerged in liquid nitrogen at -196ºC.
- Store the sperm samples originating from anonymous donors and used for Artificial Insemination or In Vitro Fertilization performed with the sperm of the donor.
- Store the sperm of men in couples subjected to different reproduction treatments (In Vitro Fertilization, Oocyte Donation Program).
- Store the sperm of men showing difficulties in obtaining samples.
- Store the sperm for surgical treatments or chemotherapy to preserve the fertility of the man.
- Store the sperm before carrying out a vasectomy.